Monday, January 20, 2014

Chuping-Raptors heaven 2.

I'm tempted to revisit Chuping after a not so successful trip on my own. So i get Choo Eng to accompany me this time. He had seen most of the raptors but our main target is the Short-eared Owl which was sighted by a friend, Neoh Hor Kee. We head up to Chuping at around 5 am to ensure that we didn't miss the early birds.

This trip turns out to be great and i got a few keeper shots of the raptors. Here are some of them.



 Eastern Marsh Harrier. Female on top and male bottom. 

 Eastern Yellow Wagtail.

 We thought this guys was the rufous winged buzzard but in the end we concluded it as the grey faced instead. Judging by the presence of the median throat and moustachial stripe. Plus the front part looks barred.


 Kestrel

 Large hawk Cuckoo. A juvenile.

 Lesser Coucal

 Little Cormorant.

 An Osprey with its prey, a fish. Although at first, we thought it was a rat.


 Female (top) and male (bottom) Pied Harrier.

 Short-toed Snake Eagle.

 Releasing a bomb.

Stonechat.

In the end, it was a very productive trip but we didn't manage to see the owl although we stayed till 8.30 pm. Maybe next time. Any comments will be very much appreciated. Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Choy Wai Mun said...

Looks like you had a very exciting trip. Great photos! I must visit Chuping soon.

Bisnis Borneo said...

oh, so amazing , i love it great natural photos...

mahjong said...

Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog.

minecraft said...

In your blog I was happy to see your article, better than last time, and have made great progress, I am very pleased. I am looking forward to your article will become better and better.

agario said...

Wonderful blog! This is very informative site. I am totally pleased by your excellent work. Many thanks for sharing.