Monday, November 21, 2011

Garganey at Byram

After getting an enail from David Bakewell and Tan Choo Eng on the sighting of a Garganey in Byram. I quickly plan for a short visit last saturday. My journey to Byram started of with rain just after the bridge making me worried and thinking whether it will be raining in Byram or not. I bring two of my friends who are keen to learn photographing birds, Am and Abong. We were lucky, as we arrived at Byram, the rain just stopped. I don't really care about other birds that i lend my 170-500mm lens to Am and i used my binocular to look for the celebrity bird, the Garganey. After a long search, i could find the bird and we stopped for while and eat our late breakfast. On our way back, i decided to look for the bird at one last stop at the first pond. I grab my binocular i spotted a weird bird besides a lesser whistling duck perched on a dead wood. I knew that is the Garganey and quickly set up my digiscope. Some shots of the bird...



Although not so good but i'm really glad to see this as it is my lifer.

Some other birds shot,

Collared Kingfisher,
 A flock of cattle egret on a dead tree.

I also tried to find the little and long-toed stint but to no avail. Maybe next time. That's all. Thanks.

3 comments:

jytou said...

I would love to see that duck....... or any other migratory ducks....

borneoavifauna said...

Wonderful shot. Here in Sabah we normally saw either in the pond or paddy field. Never like this.Great shot

Anonymous said...

I've seen a number of these kind of articles over the last couple of months, and I cannot account for it. Hot subject it would appear

Here is my page ... dog treats recipes